Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One Heck of a Salad, Baby!

This is my new favorite salad. We spent the Labor Day weekend at the Stottle's lake house at Tan-Tara. Jenny fixed us this salad the first night. I fixed it again when I got home. Chris and I both love it. Healthy and delicious, baby!
P.S. Forgot my suitcase for the weekend trip. No clothes but the ones on my back. Kind of romantic given it was our 12th year anniversay, don't you think?

BJ's Spinach Salad
1 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3 to 4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
Blend all above in a blender. Pour half on the salad and reserve the other half for individual use.
2 bags baby spinach
1 cup craisins
4oz feta or blue cheese
1/2 red onion, slice in rings
1/2 cup slivered almonds
4 strips crisp bacon
sliced mushrooms
hard boiled eggs
Toss and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this! I love a good salad.
    I laughed out loud about you forgetting your suitcase. I'm sure you looked *hot* by day 3 - baby!

    ReplyDelete