Monday, September 28, 2009

Overnight at the Omaha Zoo with the Girl Scouts

Evelyn and I went with her girl scout troop to the Omaha zoo for an overnight in the zoo's aquarium. Our troop had the whole aquarium to ourselves for the night with sharks, penquins and all sorts of other fish. All 27 girls and their moms got an after hours private tour of the zoo from one of the zoo educators. I learned lots of interesting facts. Evelyn in in a pink shirt in the picture above.
Here is Evelyn posing in front of the animal nursery. The zookeeper is feeding a baby anteater. We also saw a baby gorilla. So cute.
Evelyn and Marth are camped out in the shark tunnel for the night. As you can see. they got a lot of sleep. I'm in the green air mattress bed next to Evelyn.
Here is a view from my bed that night. I rested in bed and took this photo, such a friendly fellow.
Another view from my bed. Amazingly, I slept quite peacefully. The sharks didn't bother me at all. It was all the noisy girls. At midnight the troop leader brought her can of whoop ass and everyone was quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment